Biodegradable Plastic technology – an environmentally responsible solution for your plastic product, film, or packaging needs.
For an explanation of Why biodegradable? – Click here
‘Why Biodegradable?’ has been translated into Portuguese and Spanish
STAGES OF BIODEGRADATION:
- d2w biodegradable masterbatch is added at the manufacturing stage.
- Film containing d2w biodegradable masterbatch is extruded and then converted into bags or packaging.
- The product behaves like conventional plastic during its intended service life.
- After its service life, the bag or packaging may be recycled if collected, but :
- If it ends up in the open environment the d2w additive takes effect and the product begins to degrade in the presence of oxygen.
- The product will then biodegrade in a continuous, irreversible and unstoppable process leaving nothing more than carbon dioxide, water and biomass behind – no heavy metals or other toxic residues.
- British Standard 8472
- American ASTM D6954
- United Arab Emirates Standard 5009:2009 French Accord T51-808
- Saudi Standard SASO 2879
- Mexican Standard NMXE-E-288-NYCE
Added Value with d2w®
- Suitable for food contact*
- Requires only 1% inclusion rate.
- Works with virgin and recycled plastic.
- Works with PE & PP.
- No change in the manufacturing process.
- Does not lose any of its original properties during its useful life.
- Customers receive full support from Symphony’s Technical and Marketing team
For information on manufacturing in, or exporting to Saudi Arabia, please Click Here
Click on the image below to download a pdf of the brochure