Plastic litter affects almost all the countries in the world
Plastic is the most effective and cost-effective material ever invented for protecting our food and other goods from damage and contamination, and without it food-waste would be a much more serious problem.
Plastic shopping bags use less energy and other resources, are less expensive, better for public health, and result in fewer negative environmental impacts than alternative shopping bags – so say the Heartland Institute, andLife-cycle Assessments.
But, plastic litter affects almost all the countries in the world, leading to demands from politicians and environmentalists to ban or tax plastic bags. We should certainly reduce and recycle where we can, but what do we do with plastic waste which gets into the open environment despite all our efforts?
There is now an effective way of dealing with this, because d2w® can be included at the manufacturing stage at little or no extra cost. It converts everyday plastic products (made from PE, or PP) at the end of their useful life in the presence of oxygen into materials which degrade, and then biodegrade in the open environment in the same way as a leaf and leaving nothing behind – no toxic residues or fragments of plastic.
Microplastics are created when ordinary plastic fragments under the influence of sunlight, but oxo plastic will convert into biodegradable materials and be recycled back into nature much more quickly than ordinary plastic.
d2w® oxo-biodegradable (controlled-life) plastic additive is the only product of this type to be awarded an internationally-recognised Eco-label.
Drinking straws made with d2w oxo-biodegradable technology
Technology in tune with nature
Plastic drinking straws made with ordinary plastic are contributing to the thousands of tons of plastic waste entering the world’s environment every day – and will remain there for decades. By making straws with d2w technology, you can ensure that if the they do end up littered in the open environment, they will eventually biodegrade – just like a leaf.
If straws made with d2w technology do end up as litter – unlike conventional plastic, they will break down in the open environment into nothing more than CO2, water and biomass
We make it our business to support your business
Unbeatable technical help and support
- Unique quality control systems, unmatched by other additive suppliers
- Testing and reports covering product-performance measurements and characteristics
- Masterbatches manufactured by specialist factories in several locations around the world to ensure continuity of supply and to minimise our environmental footprint
- Products manufactured in accordance with our manufacturing instructions and technical data sheets are rigorously tested in our laboratories before commercial production
- Free technical support to manufacturers using Symphony’s masterbatches. Our specialist engineers will travel to the factories if necessary
- We maintain close working relationships with research institutes and Universities around the world
- Our technical managers are fully qualified polymer engineers and we have well-equipped, expertly staffed laboratories in the UK and other locations around the world