Makes ordinary plastic biodegradable
- Looks and feels like ordinary plastic – in terms of strength, aesthetics, flexibility and optical properties.
- Only 1% can make the difference – Included at the manufacturing stage, at only 1% – means little or no extra costs.
- Complies with international standards (Oxo-biodegradable plastic products have been tested according to ASTMD6954 and other international standards) and were found to be Degradable, Biodegradable and Non eco-toxic)
- SASO and ESMA Approved – The first oxo-biodegradable plastic to be approved
- Non-disruptive – A drop-in technology, so no need to change suppliers.
- Recyclable – d2w can be recycled with conventional polymer and can be made with recyclate. As demonstrated by expert laboratories in Austria and South Africa
- Suitable for food contact according to FDA & EU food contact regulations.
- Distinguished Lawyer, Peter Susman QC, finds the case for oxo-biodegradable plastic proven.
- No Toxic Residues and No Microplastics
d2w® biodegradable plastic additive was the first technology of this type to be awarded an internationally-recognised Eco-Label.
See d2w in action – Grupo Bimbo (one of the world’s most ethical companies) launch new biodegradable packaging
d2w accelerates the natural process of oxidation until the product is no longer a plastic, but a material which can be bio-assimilated (i.e. used as a food source) by bacteria and fungi on land or sea.
Best of all, if it escapes collection and ends up as litter in the environment, it will degrade and biodegrade in a continuous, irreversible and unstoppable process until there is nothing left, in the same way as nature’s waste.
Several countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East have already legislated to require everyday plastic items to be made with oxo-biodegradable technology – because it works.
For a copy of our Terms and Conditions of Sale – Click Here
Contact our sales team for more details – Tel: +44 (0) 20 8207 5900