Click on image to open
d2p® Vapour-corrosion inhibitor (VCI) additives are used to protect against the corrosion of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Metal parts have the potential to corrode at any stage during manufacture, storage or transport.
- Vapour Corrosion inhibitor additives reach the metal surface and condenses to form a thin film of crystals. In the presence of even traces of moisture, the crystals dissolve and immediately develop strong ionic activity.
- The corrosion-inhibiting compound migrates from the VCI packaging (paper, poly bag, foam emitter etc.) into the packaging environment, while a thin layer of protection adheres to metal surfaces, reaching into recessed areas, holes, nooks and crannies.
- Symphony offers VCI plastic Masterbatches for the packaging of items prone to corrosion, rusting and oxidation by rigid and flexible plastic packaging materials.
- Extremely effective for all finished or intermediary products in Steel, cast iron, zinc, copper, copper alloys, soldered joints, aluminium, and aluminium alloys.
- Does not release smoke, fumes, vapour or gases during processing.
- Based on a combination of food-contact approved chemical compounds.