Ethylene Adsorber technology for fruit and vegetable packaging
d2p (ea) is a highly active adsorbent for the removal of Ethylene gas and moisture in plastic packaging. This is in order to reduce spoilage of perishable fruit and vegetables.
- Ethylene is a plant hormone that increases the speed of ripening of fruit and vegetables – this can lead to products over-ripening and deterioration.
- The specific structure and high porosity of d2p®EA active will adsorb any Ethylene released by Fruit and Vegetables.
- Ethylene Adsorber is suitable for use in all plastic processing technologies (extrusion, injection and rotational moulding, coating, lamination, woven and non-woven).
- Can be easily incorporated as an additive in the final product and does not alter physical, chemical or mechanical properties.
- Passed the migration tests for overall migration, heavy metal and the primary aromatic amine as per Commission Regulation (EU) No. 10/2011 of 14th January 2011 and Article 3 of the European Regulation No. 1935/2004.
- Passed FDA migration test as per U.S. 21 CFR F.D.A. Regulation part 177.1520 Clause 3.1a.
Click on image to open:
An independent 3rd party study proving the effectiveness of d2p®EA film by exposing the samples to a range of Ethylene concentrations (15ppm – 150ppm). The study found that more than 80% of Ethylene Gas was adsorbed in less than 24 hours and more than 95% adsorbed within 48 hours.